At Fishface Cycles we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all our customers and website users. If you’d like to know more about how we protect your privacy, please read the below policy and if required contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect personal data when you visit our website, place an order online or over the phone, buy a product in store or use our workshop services. Data may also be collected when you engage with us on social media, contact us via email or by any other means and if you subscribe to our mailing list.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT, AND WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
The data we collect may include your name, email address, address, phone number, social media usernames (if you interact with us this way) and your email preferences. Web usage data we collect (while you’re using our website) may also include your IP address, geographical information, browser and operating system and details of your visit to our website (including the pages you visited). We may also collect information about your visit using cookies in your web browser.
We collect your personal data in order to support all our sales and service channels, provide you with products you’ve purchased online , provide digital services and improve your customer experience, and we’ll try our best to provide you with information we think will be of interest or relevance. We’ll only send you marketing information or emails with your permission, this permission may be retracted at any time you wish to do so.
We collect technical information about your visit to our website in order to give our users the best experience we can, by analysing user behaviour and making improvements to our online services. We also use this information to help protect our website and allow us to meet our legal obligations in taking care of your data.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA SHARED BY US?
We will never sell any of the personal information you provide us to any 3rd parties (including your name, email address, address, phone number, or anything else you tell us).
We may share your data with trusted 3rd party companies where this is necessary or beneficial in order to provide you with services. We will only provide the information required in order for companies to perform their specific services. These companies include:
- Payment gateway providers including Barclaycard, PayPal and Klarna who process payments for orders on our behalf.
- Couriers and delivery partners including Parcel Force, DHL and Royal Mail.
- Companies providing us with professional services, including marketing, email campaign providers and website hosts.
- Companies explicitly approved by you, such as social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
- Analytics providers (Google Analytics), in order to see how users interact with our website and ensure we’re bringing you the best possible experience.
- We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity where this is required – for example, sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURED?
We treat information security as a matter of utmost importance, and it’s vital to us that your data is properly taken care of. Our website and digital channels all make use of secure ‘https’ connections, and we use trusted 3rd party payment providers who conform to all necessary PCI and DSS security standards. No payment details or financial data are retained or held by us. When you subscribe to our mailing list your information is taken securely over a ‘https’ secure connection, and access to any of your personal data is password protected and restricted solely to individuals who require it. Our website is hosted on servers using security and encryption best practices, with restricted access.
HOW DO WE CONTACT YOU WITH MARKETING MESSAGES?
If you’ve given us express permission, we’ll only contact you via email with relevant marketing content. If you’d no longer like to hear from us, you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link from any of our marketing emails in order to update your settings. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to hear from us. As soon as you’ve done this, we’ll update our records to ensure you no longer receive any emails you don’t want in future.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
We won’t keep your data any longer than is necessary. If you’ve asked to hear from us with promotional emails, we’ll keep your details stored for as long as you remain a subscriber. If you’ve given us any other information, we’ll retain this for as long as we need it to continue providing you with a service, or as required for our record keeping.
Web usage information (sent to Google Analytics to analyse traffic and user behaviour) is retained for a period of 26 months, and may include data such IP address, geographical information, browser usage and operating system. Any personal data older than this is automatically deleted / anonymised. All historic data can remain for analysis.
WHERE IS YOUR DATA PROCESSED?
Your data may be transferred to 3rd party data processors outside the EEA (European Economic Area). If we do this, we ensure data is granted the same protection that it would if it were processed within the EEA, and that any 3rd party data processors are fully GDPR compliant.
You have many rights pertaining to your personal data and how we use it, including:
- The right to access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to access information about how your personal data is used
- The right to request correction of inaccurate, out of date or incomplete information
- The right to request deletion of your data, or that we stop processing or collecting it
- The right to opt-out of marketing messages if you withdraw consent
- The right to request transfer of your personal data to another service provider
- The right to submit a complaint to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office)
QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS AND CONTACT
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01902892014
- Mail: Fishface Cycles, Unit 7 Walkers Way, High Street, Wombourne, WV5 9DP