- Increased power versus Tech 3
- Lever shape updated to provide a more ergonomic shape orientated to provide the best mechanical advantage during braking.
- Hinged clamp reducing weight and ergonomics
- Shifter integration improved for more adjustability
- Tool free bite point and reach adjustments
- Rigid CNC’d one piece caliper
- Compatible with a wider range of current shifter options
- Complete brake available in Black, Purple, Red, Orange, Blue and Silver
- Uses post mount, 9.74 caliper with adapters to suit all mount options
- Available to fit 160, 180, 183, 200, 203 and 220mm front and rear rotors
- Choose either standard or braided hose (braided hose is an extra cost)
- 30% pressure increase compared with the Tech 3 brake
- Hydraulic ratio improved by using a small diameter master cylinder bore
- Mechanical ratio increase for the best balance of increased power and modulation, resulting in usable lever feel throughout the full range of reach and bite point adjustment. The mechanical ratio has been fine-tuned using real riding data to provide its best efficiency at lever forces typically used during riding.
- Linear relationship between brake pressure and lever force making it easy and intuitive to control the braking power.
- Hinged clamp design to reduce weight and reservoir area increased to lower overall stack height. Shifter integration has been improved and now offers 30° of angle adjustment as well as neater packaging and compatibility with the latest shifters. Lateral adjustment on both sides of the master cylinder is also possible to give a wide range of lever position options.
- Hybrid style pistons consisting of a stainless-steel piston shell, which allow smoother movement and require less maintenance, and a phenolic insert to manage heat transfer during extreme use.
- The Tech 4 retains the tool free bite point and reach adjustments from the Tech 3
- All Tech 4 brakes are supplied with new racing compound pads. They are designed to offer impressive performance straight out of the box with little bedding in required, they are also more resistant to fade than standard organic pads. For more information on all our pad compounds see our new pad guide on our website.
Hope Tech 4 E4 Disc Brake L/H Rear Standard Hose Black/Red
The all-new Tech 4 is more than just a change of colour and logos. It draws on 25+ years of experience designing and manufacturing hydraulic brake systems, to create a brake that not only has increased power but also delivers that power consistently from the moment the lever is pulled.Designed with the rider in mind, the Tech 4 has an increased hydraulic and mechanical ratio. The result of this produces a linear relationship between brake pressure and lever force making it easy and intuitive to control the power. The increased mechanical ratio has also been fine-tuned using real riding data and extensive dyno testing making it the most efficient at lever forces typically used during riding.
The internal sealing is all new for reduced friction, and the pivot spins on roller bearings, allowing the spring rate to be reduced. This lower spring rate gives a lighter lever action, reducing rider fatigue, whilst keeping our legendary feel and modulation.Combined, all the changes result in the best balance of feel and power. Power that is useable throughout the full range of reach and bite point adjustment, whilst still producing a 30% pressure increase over the Tech 3 for a given force.
The Tech 4 uses a hinged clamp to reduce weight, and the reservoir area has been increased to lower the overall stack height. Shifter integration has been improved and now offers 30° of angle adjustment as well as neater packaging and compatibility with the latest shifters. Lateral adjustment on both sides of the master cylinder is also possible to give a wide range of lever position options whilst retaining the tool free bite point and reach adjustments from the Tech 3.