Campagnolo engineering staff have developed a new construction that has created a braking performance above and beyond anything found on carbon rims to date. The Campy Tech Lab’s developments focused on being able to give the rider the same braking performance in wet conditions as in dry conditions. The result is a new braking surface technology called AC3 (all Conditions Carbon Control).
With maximum aerodynamics, extreme speed and incredible handling, The Bora One is sure to give you the best performance in any situation. Even on the most challenging mountain curves. Increasing the rim width from 20,5mm to 24,2mm allowed the Campagnoloﾮ engineers to not only improve the aerodynamics but also to allow the wheel to accommodate wider tyres. Using wider tyres increases control, as the contact area between tyre and asphalt is larger, improving grip and creating a more comfortable ride.
USB Bearings are ceramic which vastly reduces the weight and greatly improves the smoothness of the bearings. The ceramic ball bearings inside also mean that maintenance will be far less common and it has a much higher resistance to corrosion than standard bearings.
The Mega-G3 Spoke pattern is a type of spoke assembly that improves energy transfer between the hub, which reduces stress on the right-hand side which in turn increases the rigidity of the wheel. This is achieved by having twice as many spokes as the left-hand side.
The wider rim profile increases structural integrity, without increasing the weight of the wheelset. Weight is further reduced thanks to a smaller profile front hub. Campagnolo engineers were able to reduce the weight and size of the hub while maintaining all of the performance characteristics of the previous version.
- Full Carbon medium profile 35mm rim (24.2mm wide), in clincher and tubular versions.
- Includes brake pads specifically for carbon wheels
- AC3 treatment on the brake surface, improving braking in all conditions
- RDB (Rim Dynamic Balance) exclusive technology engineered into the rims, assures perfect balance even at high speeds
- Ultra lightweight decals eliminate the need for heavy adhesives and painting, reducing the overall weight by nearly 15g
- Aluminium hub with oversized flange, cup and cone USBﾙ bearings and aluminium axle
- Aerodynamic spokes with exclusive Mega-G3 spoke pattern with anti-rotation system
- Quick release with Eccentric-closure system
- Weight: 1405g for Clinchers, (CA) for Campagnolo, (SH) for Shimano
The Bora One 35 Wheel is entirely hand built by a specialised Campagnolo technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic tools. This ensures that every wheel conforms to the high standards that Campagnolo pride themselves and will have unbeatable reliability.
- Spoke Count: 18 Front and 21 (G3) Rear
- RDB – Rim Dynamic Balance
- Bladed, aerodynamic stainless steel spokes
- Ultralinear / DRSC geometry
- Aluminium nipples
- Profile Height: 35mm
- Rim Section (Height/Width): 35mm/24.2mm
- Material: Carbon
- Aluminium Hub with black finish
- USB Bearings
- Width: 100mm Front / 130mm Rear
- Oversize Flange
- Cup-and-cone bearings
In The Box
- Carbon Brake Pad set (40% better braking performance in wet conditions and 20% in the dry)
- New, re-designed quick-release skewers
- Valve Extender
- User Manual
- Warranty Booklet
- Campagnolo Wheel Identification Card