The Shamal wheel is already an industry leader in high-end aluminium wheels. Now for 2019 Campagnolo have taken all their expertise to introduce an all-new disc brake version of this iconic wheelset.
Campagnolo engineers have worked tirelessly to create a wheel that will come to represent the same standard for quality and performance as its rim-brake counterpart.
USB Bearings are ceramic which vastly reduces the weight and greatly improves the smoothness of the bearings. The ceramic ball bearings inside also mean that maintenance will be far less common and it has a much higher resistance to corrosion than standard bearings.
The Mega-G3 Spoke pattern is a type of spoke assembly that improves energy transfer between the hub, which reduces stress on the right-hand side which in turn increases the rigidity of the wheel. This is achieved by having twice as many spokes as the left-hand side.
The 2-Way Fit profile makes it possible to fit both a tubeless or clincher tyre. With 2-Way Fit, Campagnolo customers will be able to personally test which of the two solutions suits them best or to use a clincher tyre for training and a tubeless tyre for race day. What if my tubeless tyre has a puncture? The Campagnolo 2-Way Fit system allows you to use a traditional inner tube by simply removing the hermetic closure valve to ride home.
- 2-Way Fit rim allows either clincher or tubeless tyres to be fitted
- 22mm rim width creates the perfect balance between weight and performance, match with 25mm tyres for optimum comfort
- Toroidal Milling reduces the peripheral weight of the rim for great reactivity
- Differentiated rims heights (27mm front and 30mm rear), saves weight and optimises the handling of the wheelset
- Ceramic USB bearings create perfectly smooth, resistance and maintenance free rolling
- Aerodynamic spokes with black anodized self-locking nipples which eliminate spoke rotation
- Modified versions of the famous Mega G3 Spoke pattern on both the front and rear wheel, for equal spoke tension, stiffness and increased braking torque resistance
- Adjusting lockring with micro-setting, for precision hub adjustment
- Aluminium hub shell for improved torque transfer across the hub during braking
- New AFS Disc specific flange design to allow perfect integration with the Campagnolo AFS rotor
- Weight: 1557g 2-Way Fit, (CA) for Campagnolo, (SH) for Shimano
- Bolt-Thru 12mm Hubs
The Shamal Ultra Disc Brake Wheel is entirely hand built by a specialised Campagnolo technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic tools. This ensures that every wheel conforms to the high standards that Campagnolo pride themselves and will have unbeatable reliability.
- Spoke Count: 16 (Front), 21 (G3) Rear
- RDB- Rim Dynamic Balance
- Aerodynamic double-butted aluminium spokes
- Ultralinear / DRSC geometry
- Self-locking aluminium nipples
- Profile Height: Differentiated (24/27mm at the front / 27/30mm at the rear)
- Material: Aluminium
- Rim Section (Height/Width): Differentiated/22mmm
- Carbon and Aluminium hub
- USB Bearings
- Hub Width: 100mm Front /142mm Rear
- Oversize flange
- Cup-and-cone bearing system
- Disc Fitment: AFS/Centre-Lock (Lockring included)
In The Box
- Tubeless Valve
- User Manual
- Warranty Booklet
- Campagnolo Wheel Identification Card