The new SPEED 40C is the most versatile offering from the top of the Fulcrum range. Deep enough to slice through the wind and create a rigid and reactive structure but low enough to keep weight to a bare minimum (1400g per pair), the SPEED 40C is equally potent on any terrain you find yourself riding on. The new Speed 40C also features a 17C internal rim with, making it perfect for both 25 and 28mm clincher tyres. Now you can benefit from a true modern racing wheel in terms of the tyre/rim interface and the performance that comes along with it.
New Carbon RimNew fibres and orientations have been implemented to push the limits of the SPEED family even further. While the new longitudinal twill design of the fibers offer a fresh and new look, the aesthetics advantages come about as a convenient by-product of engineering a stronger yet more elastic complete final structure. The result is a resistant and reactive rim that is also capable of absorbing road vibration, thus keeping the rider fresher.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Discipline: Road / Triathlon
- Weight: 1400 g
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Details Material: Full carbon, “Twill” – carbon fiber finishing
- Rim Height: Front and rear: 40 mm
- Rim Width: 24,2 mm
- Inner Rim Width: 17C
- Tyre Width: From 25 mm to 50 mm
- Front Wheel Spokes: 18 (9 left – 9 right)
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 21, Two-to-one (7 left – 14 right)
- Spoke Material: Stainless steel, double butted