The new Speed 55C has a deep profile, one that offers not only extreme aerodynamic advantages but also a larger rotating mass capable of maintaining the high speeds of flatter races, time trials and triathlon cycling legs.
Despite their deep profile seemingly adept at flatter terrains the 1470gr weight for the pair make the 55C a viable solution even for courses involving a great deal of climbing. The 17C internal width makes these wheels perfect for 25 and 28mm tires, for surefooted high speed descents and cornering.
New Carbon RimNew fibres and orientations have been implemented to push the limits of the SPEED family even further. While the new longitudinal twill design of the fibers offer a fresh and new look, the aesthetics advantages come about as a convenient by-product of engineering a stronger yet more elastic complete final structure. The result is a resistant and reactive rim that is also capable of absorbing road vibration, thus keeping the rider fresher and better connected to the road.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Discipline: Road / Triathlon
- Weight: 1470 g
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Details Material: Full carbon, “Twill” – carbon fiber finishing
- Rim Height: Front and rear: 55 mm
- Rim Width: 24,2 mm
- Inner Rim Width: 17C
- Tyre Width: From 25 mm to 50 mm
- Front Wheel Spokes: 18 (9 left – 9 right)
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 21, Two-to-one (7 left – 14 right)
- Spoke Material: Stainless steel, double butted